My name is Diana Bazic, you are probably here because you want to know more about me, so…
- My main goals, for now, are to be a good wife and mom and grow my own business from zero.
- I live somewhere in the north of Europe by the sea, in a beautiful neighborhood with lots of green. It looks like The Shire.
- I am studying Digital Design. This is my second university degree since the first (Business Administration) didn’t quite make me happy.
- I don’t have an Instagram account.
- I am a young wife & mom. I married my best friend from college at 23 & had my child at 23 as well.
- During my spare time, I love doing some stretching, meditating drawing something, or (what I mostly do), writing for my blog.
- For some reason, I know everyone’s birthdays. Even people I didn’t meet since I was in middle school.
- I loved the experience of giving birth. It was so empowering, I would do it again if I would know for sure my baby will sleep through the night at about 6 months.
- I love mantras, Fleetwood Mac, and Tyler The Creator.
- My skincare routine is washing my face with water. That’s it.
Ok, it was hard for me not to mention anything about minimalism up there but I wanted to leave it for later since… it is a blog about minimalism and I want to say more about it than just a bullet point.
So, here it is…
My journey towards minimalism
My journey toward a more meaningful and simpler life started about 4 years ago. It wasn’t because I researched this topic, or because I was going through a tough time, it was very unintentional.
Before that, I was a shopaholic, I was in a shopping mall every week for buying new clothes. I wanted to look good, impress others, and feel accepted in a way.
But it started getting overwhelming. I had to move a lot during my 20s and I had no choice but to let go of some things every time. And somehow, surprisingly to me at that time, it felt so good. It felt so liberating.
Very slowly but steady I decluttered a lot of my stuff. Suddenly, I didn’t want to impress anyone, I just wanted to live a simple life without all the fuss.
“Who needs 10 pairs of shoes anyway? It’s not functional, it’s not sustainable, and it doesn’t make me happy. Who needs all those perfumes, magic creams, and products that promise me the sky? I don’t. I want to run through life freely and not carry the weight of the world with me. I want to be light.” (Diana’s thoughts)
Shortly after that, I moved to northern Europe with only 1 piece of luggage. Because I can. Because I don’t need anything else.
I am more than thrilled to say that I don’t enjoy shopping anymore. It’s just a waste of time and money.
Of course, I am not an extreme minimalist, if I need anything I would, ok…., buy it.
Now I realize that I had a natural insight into becoming a minimalist and more intentional with my life.
I have learned too many things since and I want to share my knowledge with you. I want to inspire you to live a simpler life, with fewer but better things. So…
What is Minimalism Basics about?
In a nutshell, Minimalism Basics is about…
- Getting rid of that overwhelmed feeling by getting rid of unnecessary material possessions.
- Questioning the norms that tell us we need more things to be happy.
- Valuing your time & life more by doing things that matter to you.
- Living with less but better stuff.
- Creating more meaningful experiences rather than consuming more things.
- Choosing quality over quantity because it’s better for you and the planet.
- Living an intentional life and slowing down life (just focus on your breath right now with all your intention; feels magical).
- Realizing that happiness never lasts. That is why we should appreciate every moment.
- Find your own definition of what minimalism means to you (it’s not about having only 100 things)
- Empowering yourself to make a change in your life.
- Realizing that now is the perfect time to live.
My mission is to empower you with the tools and mindset shift that you need in order to pursue a more meaningful and intentional life.
- I want to help you live a life that is in alignment with your deepest values.
- I want to inspire you to let go of the unnecessary so you can make room for what really matters.
- I want to show you that living with less doesn’t mean living with less happiness, on the contrary.
- I want to encourage you to consume less and live more.
- I want you to feel lighter, freer, and happier.
So, this is me. And this is my blog. Welcome.