No matter how intentional you are with your life, it is best to have some intentional living quotes to inspire and motivate you.
Sometimes it is hard to live intentionally. We tend to get caught up in the day-to-day grind and forget about our long-term goals and values. That is why it is important to have reminders of what we are working towards.
About intentional living
Intentional living is about setting goals and making choices that are in line with your desired outcome. It is about being mindful of your actions and taking steps to ensure that you are moving closer to your goals.
It is also about living with purpose and meaning and making choices that will lead to a life that is fulfilling and satisfying.
In order to live more intentionally, firstly, you have to identify your values and what is important to you. You have to know what your goals are and what you want to achieve. And you have to be willing to make choices that are in line with those goals. You need to know what you want to be intentional about.
For example, if you value family, then you need to make choices that will lead to a happy and healthy family life. If you want to be intentional about your time, then you need to make choices that will lead to a life that is well-balanced and satisfying.
It is also important to be aware of your thoughts and feelings. You need to be able to identify when you are veering off course and make adjustments accordingly.
Making the choice to live intentionally is a powerful decision that can lead to a life that is more fulfilling and satisfying. It is a choice that will require effort and commitment, but it is worth it.
Related: 9 Ways To be Intentional Every Day
Here are some intentional living quotes to inspire and motivate you.
Quotes about intentional living
- “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” Dale Carnegie
Remember that the things you worry about today might not be a big deal tomorrow. Don’t let your worries consume you.
2. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
This quote is a reminder to live in the present and not dwell on the past. The past is gone and you can’t change it. Learn from it and then let it go.
3. “The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.” Thich Nhat Hanh
Always remember that the present moment is all you have. Make the most of it and don’t take it for granted.
4. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind – adjust your sails” Jackson Brown
Things will happen that you can’t control. When that happens, you need to adjust your sails and find a way to still reach your destination.
5. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t let anger consume you. It will only lead to unhappiness. Let go of your anger and focus on the things that make you happy.
6. “You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind.” Joyce Meyer
Your thoughts and mindset play a big role in your life. If you want to live a positive life, then you need to have a positive mindset.
7. “Our intention creates our reality.” Wayne Dyer
What you focus on and what you believe will become your reality. So if you want to create a positive reality, then you need to focus on positive things.
8. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” Albert Einstein
Your happiness should not be dependent on other people or things. If you want to be truly happy, then you should tie your happiness to a goal.
9. “The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.” Epictetus
Don’t let your happiness depend on things that you can’t control. Focus on the things that you can control and make choices that will lead to a happy and fulfilling life.
11. “The secret of happiness is not doing what we like but in liking what we do.” J.M. Coetzee
Happiness comes from finding joy in the things that you do. It’s not about doing what you want all the time, but it’s about being mindful of what you do.
11. “You can’t be everything to everyone. At some point, you need to make a choice of what truly matters to you and why.” David Amerland
You can’t please everyone all the time. You need to make choices and focus on the things that matter to you. Otherwise, you will spread yourself too thin and be unhappy.
12. “You cannot live with intent if you don’t know what your own intentions are.” Shawn Wells
You need to be clear about your intentions before you can live with them. Otherwise, you will just be going through the motions without any real purpose or direction.
13. “If you are not consciously building your habits, they are unconsciously building you.” Anika J. Green
Your habits define you. If you want to be a certain kind of person, then you need to develop habits that support that. Otherwise, your unconscious habits will define you and potentially you will be someone that you don’t want to be.
14. “Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others’ choices make us.” Richie Norton
Intentional living is about making choices that align with our values and goals. It’s about being proactive instead of reactive.
15. “Nobody finishes well by accident.” John C. Maxwell
You need to put in the work if you want to achieve something great. There are no shortcuts. You need to be intentional about your actions and choices if you want to achieve excellence.
16. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” A. Maslow
Mindfulness is key to happiness and mental wellness. If you want to be happy, you need to learn to be in the present moment and not dwell on the past or worry about the future.
17. “Spend more time writing your future than you do re-reading your past.” John Mark Green
Don’t dwell on your past mistakes. Learn from them and move on. Focus on writing your future and making it the best that it can be.
18. “If you want to change your life, you have to raise your standards.” Tony Robbins
If you want to change your life, you need to set higher standards for yourself. You need to be intentional about the things that you do and the choices that you make. Otherwise, you will just keep living the same life.
19. “When your intentions are pure, so too will be your success.” Charles F. Glassman
If you have pure intentions, then your success will follow. Your intentions should be based on your values and goals. If they are, then your success will be a natural consequence.
20. “Wherever you are, be all there.” Jim Elliot
Be present in the moment. Don’t be somewhere else mentally. Be focused and present in whatever you are doing.
21. “It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.” Agnes Repplier
Happiness comes from within. You need to find it within yourself. It’s not something that you can find outside of yourself.
22. “Know yourself. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” Ann Landers
Don’t take compliments at face value. Make sure that you really know yourself and your own worth. Otherwise, you may believe that you are better than you actually are. Which is not a good thing because you won’t make progress.
23. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” Charles Spurgeon
Happiness is not about having a lot of things. It’s about enjoying the things that you do have. Make sure that you appreciate the things you have and the moments that you share with others.
24. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” Dale Carnegie
Your happiness is not determined by your circumstances. It’s determined by your thoughts and attitudes. You can be happy no matter what is happening in your life if you CHOOSE to be.
25. “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” Mary Davis
Gratitude creates a state of mind that allows you to see the beauty in life. The more grateful you are, the more beauty you will see.
26. “Where Intention goes Energy flows!” James Redfield
If you want something to happen, you need to put your intention and energy into it. If you are focused and dedicated, you can make lots of things happen.
27. “When your intention is clear, so is the way.” Alan Cohen
When you know what you want, the path to follow will become clear. Your intention should be your guide. It will show you the way.
28. “The best things in life aren’t things.” Art Buchwald
Don’t get caught up in material possessions. They will never make you truly happy. The best things in life are the relationships and experiences that you have.
29. “Listen- are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?” Mary Oliver
Don’t just go through the motions of life. Really live it. Pay attention to the details and be present in every moment.
30. “In your eyes, there are countless stars to be discovered. Why will you look for another sky?” Avijeet Das
Don’t look for happiness in other people or things. Look within yourself. There is everything that you need to be happy. (This is one of my favorite intentional living quotes! So metaphorical.)
31. “The greatest challenge in life is to be our own person and accept that being different is a blessing and not a curse” Kilroy J. Oldster
It can be difficult to be true to yourself. But it’s important to accept yourself for who you are. Embrace your differences and use them to your advantage.
32. “The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.” Jon Kabat-Zinn
Don’t discount the small things in life. They may seem insignificant, but they are actually the moments that make up our lives. Pay attention to them and enjoy them.
33. “When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another – and ourselves.” Jack Kornfield
The present moment is all that there is. Don’t get so caught up in your thoughts and plans for the future that you forget to live in the present. Pay attention to the people and things around you. They are what matter most.
34. “What would it be like if I could accept life – accept this moment – exactly as it is.” Tara Brach
Learning to accept life – and yourself – exactly as you are is one of the most important things you can do. It’s a difficult task, but it’s so worth it.
35. “Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance.” Amit Ray
Life is constantly moving and changing. Mindfulness is about being present and observing the dance. It’s about watching and observing the ebb and flow of life without getting caught up in it.
“Live in the moment” is a popular saying, but it’s easier said than done.
But hopefully, with the intention quotes above, you have a motivator and reminder to keep you living intentionally!
Start with baby steps – each day, try to implement more moments of mindfulness with your thoughts and actions. And eventually, it will become second nature.
Feel free to download the quotes and use them as inspiration for more intentional living.
I hope you enjoyed these intentional living quotes! If you have any other favorites, please share them in the comments below.
Have an intentional day!